Advantages offered by 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D BIM modeling
Since the time design and construction professionals started to utilize Building Information Modeling services for the simplification of construction activities, they really obtained unexpected outcomes. BIM helped them in planning design and construction with the effective and systematic execution of variety of engineering services during preconstruction. For seamless construction it is important that effective architectural and engineering solutions are provided to clients in cost-effective rates which really became possible due to the application of BIM. The potential of BIM models in context of providing project information increases drastically when additional dimensions are added to 3D BIM.
Advantages of 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D BIM
- 3D BIM has huge advantages for architects, engineers, general contractors, fabricators and building owners when it comes to acquiring and tackling information related to design.
- Multidiscipline 3D models have the potential to reveal all the information regarding the physical and functional characteristic of a building.
- They are also very advantageous for building stakeholders when it comes to the identifications of design discrepancies.
- Element collisions can be easily detected by design and construction professionals, after importing multidiscipline models in Navisworks Manage.
- This leads to the minimization of change orders, project completion time, and reduction of budget overruns.
- On the other hand error-free construction schedules are only possible with the support of 4D BIM.
- Since 4D modeling also helps architects, engineers and modelers in the detection of time based clashes, development of correct construction schedules automatically becomes convenient.
- 4D simulations which show the complete building process to architects and engineers help them in recognizing the pitfalls in actual construction.
- On the other hand, 5D BIM is truly essential for design and construction professionals when it comes to generating immaculate material takeoff and bill of material which ultimately proves helpful in the accurate calculation of project cost.
- With the assistance of 4D, 5D and 6D BIM building stakeholders can effectively predict the outcomes of the project and they can also control them successfully.
Last but not least, BIM enhances the productivity and allow design and construction professionals to deliver the project on time.