Importance of Revit Conceptual Mass Modeling process in a BIM project
The prime purpose of using Autodesk Revit for Building Information Modeling is to fix building design and coordination issues efficiently during the project life cycle. Revit is appreciably used for performing all types of BIM Modeling Services. Earlier, Revit adopters mainly focused on capturing the proposed building designs rather than taking advantages of the other functionalities of Revit tools. Over the years Revit has released its several updates and each time it has added new tools which assist Revit users in producing more efficient building design as well as performing all other pre-construction activities like scheduling & phasing or 4D Revit Modeling Services, cost estimation or 5D BIM Modeling Services, etc.
Amongst all the useful tools of Revit, Conceptual Massing is one of the very useful tools. This tool is used for creating mass in early design phase. All the versions of Revit include this massing tool.
Purpose of conceptual mass modeling in BIM Modeling Services
- Conceptual Mass Modeling Services is an important part of Revit Modeling Services. This 3D mass modeling is generally performed by architects. The one of the purpose of mass modeling is to create 3D models of odd shape building. By using this 3D modeling process, users create base of any odd shaped building.
- In Revit Modeling Services, Conceptual 3D mass modeling process is also performed to conceptualize the conceptual geometry of a building i.e. architects can understand overall building massing indicative of area, height, volume, location, weight and orientation.
- 3D mass modeling process of Revit Modeling Services also assists architects in getting early visualization by performing massing site analysis and conceptualizing the environmental impact i.e. solar design of the building.
- Once the building conceptual mass is developed, architects can developed it further by adding more detailed information within the mass like floors, walls, roofs etc,.
- Conceptual mass of a building contains different types of parameters like level, floor area, floor perimeter and architects can generate early quantities take-offs from the mass.
- In BIM Modeling Services, conceptual mass of a building can be exported to a gbxml or other format for performing early energy analysis. Green Building Studio, Ecotect and Project Vasari software’s are used for executing early energy analysis process.
- Conceptual mass model can be rendered effectively and the rendered mass model can be used for conceptual design presentation.
- Architects can extract 2D drawings like 2D floor plan drawings, elevations, sections, etc. from the 3D mass model.
- Using 3D conceptual mass modeling technique in Revit Modeling Services, users can create content as well as various types of assemblies
You can create different types of conceptual mass models by utilizing 3D Revit Modeling Services. Use Revit Architecture for developing architectural conceptual mass model, use Revit Structure for structural mass model.