What tools are available within Revit disciplines for simplifying design coordination and change management?
Design coordination along with change management is a significant part of the design development process in Revit; wherein the design of different building disciplines is fully analyzed by interdisciplinary design teams to get a deep understanding of design technicalities and complexities. Design coordination and change management are quintessential design development activities which are carried out by design and construction professionals in Revit for enhancing design quality.
Essential tools for design coordination and change management
- When it comes to design coordination and change management ‘Copy/ Monitor’ tool remains at the heart of these crucial design improvement activities.
- For monitoring changes among the elements of various building disciplines, copy monitor tool is required by Revit users.
- Whenever a model is linked in a host project, Revit users can optimize Copy/Monitor tool for copying as well as monitoring the elements of a linked model.
- In short Copy/Monitor, tool is optimized by design and construction professionals (architects, structural engineers and MEP engineers) during multi-disciplinary coordination for monitoring indispensable elements and for coordinating the changes across different disciplines.
- If changes have been made to elements during coordination, coordination review helps in displaying a list of warnings regarding changes made by Revit users on the monitored elements.
- With the assistance of the coordination review tool team members can successfully review the warnings concerning changes made to monitored elements.
- The coordination review tool can also help different teams involved in the project to communicate with each other for resolving design-related problems.
- With its assistance Revit users can identify interferences within the elements of a host model.
- Interferences can also be detected by Revit users between the model elements of a linked model and a host model by using the interference-checking tool.
- For running interference check users are required to open ‘The Interference Check dialog’ and specify elements within it on which they want to run the interference check.
So in this way, Copy/Monitor tool, Coordination review tool, and interference checking tool are important for Revit users when it comes to simplifying design coordination and change management.