What steps are taken by AutoCAD users for creating a block?
Before describing the process of creating a block in AutoCAD I would like to ask readers, what is a block? Well, a block can be defined as an assembly of objects or else a single object can also be called as a block. Block creation is one of the most fundamental tasks performed by AutoCAD users. When blocks are inserted into drawings they use comparatively less electronic space in relation to individual objects. If a single block’s definition is updated by the users in a drawing it would ultimately end up updating rest of the blocks in that drawing. Hence while executing CAD drafting services, drafters make extensive use of blocks for generating drawings.
The process of creating a block in AutoCAD
- The first step that should be taken by the users is to draw objects that they want in the block.
- AutoCAD users are now required to approach the ‘Home’ tab, then select ‘Block panel’ and finally select ‘Create’ for starting BLOCK command.
- After this AutoCAD users can approach the ‘Block Definition’ dialog box.
- Within the ‘Block Definition,’ dialog box users are first required to type a name in the space provided for Name.
- After which users are required to specify Base Point within the same dialog box. The base point is the point at which AutoCAD users insert the block.
- Now within the base point section of the Block Definition dialog box users are required to select ‘Pick point’ option. For maintaining accuracy object snap is used by the users.
- AutoCAD users are now required to move on to ‘Objects section’ of the Block Definition dialog box.
- Once users approach Objects section they should select ‘Select objects’ option.
- Once the objects are selected users must press Enter for returning back to the dialog box.
- Options like Retain, Convert to block and Delete are also available within Block Definition dialog box which can be used by users after they finish creating a block.
- A block Annotative can be made by users within the ‘Behavior section’ of the Block Definition dialog box.
- Now within the ‘Settings area’ AutoCAD users are required to select block unit.
- Lastly, a description can be added by the users in the Descriptions box.
- And finally, click ‘OK’ to complete the process.