For governing the performance of Revit projects it is important for users to keep a track on file size so that work can speed up. BIM modelers cannot increase the performance of a Revit project wherein too many linked files are contained as it results into slowing down the speed of the software. So for escalating the performance of Revit project it is important for users to effectively deal with the technicalities that can result into minimizing the productivity.
Tips for increasing productivity of Revit files
- If in case Revit users are finding performance issues while executing modeling project, they can simply end up in splitting a huge model into numerous files.
- That means project performance can be increased if a bulky model is split into multiple files which are interconnected.
- In this way, links remain unloaded when users work on one such file.
- Another important step that can be taken by users for improving the performance is to purge unwanted objects from the project.
- Revit users must be very careful while purging unwanted objects as objects once purged cannot be retained by modelers.
- For circumventing this situation, users are suggested to keep a backup of the project in question before they purge objects and files from it.
- If in case there are any unwanted design options in the project users are suggested to remove them. That means users should effectively update the design options in the main model.
- For increasing project performance, users are required to delete all unimportant raster images as they help in increasing the size of the file.
- Revit users should be extremely careful while importing a large raster image as it normally retains its actual size even though it is scaled to fit the required place.
- Revit users should be able to point out all the unused groups and delete them quickly. Here users are suggested to use delete command for removing unused groups instead of purging them.
- All the unused groups can be deleted from the project browser.
- Apart from this users should maintain regularity in reviewing warnings that are displayed by Revit, for increasing performance.
If above-mentioned steps are effectively followed by users, they can improve the productivity of Revit projects.