Significance of Family Editor, Conceptual Design Environment and Project Environment in Revit
Revit is a very significant and essential 3D modeling and building design software which is optimized internationally by Architecture, Engineering and Construction professionals for the creation of 3D parametric models for architecture, structure and MEP. Revit’s unique 3D modeling tools and features are inherently accountable for its worldwide presence among AEC industry. In other words its modeling tools can be considered its USP (Unique Selling Point) when it comes to its popularity among global design and construction professionals for the development of 3D BIM models.
Importance of family editor, conceptual design environment and project environment
- Family Editor is incorporated in all the Revit disciplines and its basic function is to help design and construction professionals with the creation of in-place and standard component families.
- So family editor tool which is available in all the Revit flavors is used for the development of architectural, structural and MEP families.
- Architectural families include door and window family, structural family may include column family and light fixture family can be considered as an example of MEP family.
- On the other hand conceptual design environment is an immensely extraordinary Revit tool which is utilized by design and construction professionals for the development of conceptual design.
- The conceptual design can only be created with the help of the families that are developed by AEC professionals in family editor.
- That means by using loadable component families and in-place Revit families, 3D modelers can easily develop conceptual design.
- Family editor and conceptual design environment are immensely different from each other when it comes to their functions.
- Whereas Revit project environment is used by architects, engineers and 3D BIM modelers for the comprehensive development of building design.
- The design which is created in conceptual design environment can be easily used in project environment and the design process can be fastened.
- Immensely attractive and highly constructive tools are incorporated in project environment which simplifies the entire 3D modeling process for AEC professionals.