We often hear a very famous proverb said by a renowned Greek philosopher – “Change is the only constant in life”. As time changes, the world is getting older with time and the population of the world is also increasing proportionally. It leads to the demand for basic needs and one of them is living space. BIM Services has brought a revolutionary change in the construction engineering industry to turn one’s dream into reality.
BIM acronym for Building Information Modeling is a technology that enables us to envisage a building’s comprehensive design including all dimensions prior to construction. It has also brought another new scope for us to determine a building’s life cycle including all possible factors.
In our olden days, making a building’s 3D model manually was really a tough job. It was not possible to estimate proper measurements of each dimension (i.e. height, width, length) of a building precisely. Besides 3D measurements, measuring other dimensions i.e. 4D (time scheduling), 5D (cost estimation), 6D (sustainability optimization) and 7D (facility and asset management) was out of imagination.
People were not so familiar with the term 4D, 5D, 6D, and 7D at that time. It was very difficult to predict the estimated time, estimated cost, and estimated human resources required to accomplish a whole project. The use of this process increased the cost and duration of the project which was not profitable for the industry. Chances of getting major fault like interference clash was also very high.
Nowadays, BIM technology is used to create computerized modeling and design of a building before the building is getting physically constructed. It has significantly reduced all the limitations and restrictions that engineers faced earlier.
Some advantages of using computerized BIM services are:
- Convert any handmade sketches into the digital design of any buildings
- Helps to reduce the overall cost
- Quick process
- Helps to reduce manpower
- Enables to evaluate of all dimensions in detail
- Assists to create error-free design and modeling
- Helps to analyze overall life cycle including all dimensions i.e. 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, 7D
- Enables to depict the comprehensive design of a building including architectural design, structural design and MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) design in detail.
- Helps to detect clashes i.e. helps engineers to check all possible clashes that can occur between any systems and helps to create a coordinated model. It could be a mechanical system, electrical system, plumbing system and structural system.
- Enables engineers to perform cloud scanning i.e. laser scanning of an existing building prior to the renovation of that building.
- Helps to create Revit BIM families i.e. different components of a model such as windows, doors, walls etc.
BIM Modeling has opened a new platform for the people of this modern era to construct any type of building i.e. it may be a small house or it may be big complicated building like a skyscraper. It is used in many aspects of the construction industry i.e. commercial building, site building, and city planning, residential building, etc. BIM Services is booming day by day and bringing more innovative ideas that help in the evolution of the Construction Industry in a seamless manner.