Integrated Project Delivery or IPD is a very efficient project delivery method that is used for integrating all the project team members, systems, and the entire project works into a process. The prime purpose of IPD is to reduce waste and provide effective project outcome by utilizing the knowledge of all team members together. This method enhances the efficiency of all phases i.e. design, drafting, drawing, modeling, fabrication, and construction as well. This method assists you to optimize the end-results of your project.
Integrated Project Delivery method is notably used in building industry. This process assists in collaborating Owners, Engineers, Contractors and Architects and helps them in taking a suitable decision.
IPD process is significantly enhanced when building information modeling technology based processes are included in it. BIM services facilitate team members in using project data in an integrated environment and assist them in understanding the whole project clearly. BIM modeling process assists Engineers in improving their efficiency considerably and this process enables users in creating more effective and sustainable designs as well as models. IPD principles can be employed in various contractual agreements.
IPD method is executed through different phases, they are:
• Conceptualization – In this phase the team members together discuss about the project in detail. After that they finalize their schedule.
• Design – In the design phase, Architects, Engineers and Contractors collaborate with each other and execute the project thus reducing the chances of any kind of risk
• Implementation Documents – In this phase, the developed building models or designs are used for obtaining project related information thoroughly. This information helps in minimizing errors in construction documents and reducing interferences during actual construction.
• Construction – In this phase, activities related to actual building construction are executed. As Engineers make proper planning in the initial stage, so team members utilize all the resources as well as materials properly and they create little amount of waste. In construction phase, the chance of executing any kind major change reduces significantly and the whole construction process is completed successfully within the scheduled time and estimated budget.
• Facility Management – In this phase, all the maintenance and renovation related works are executed for any newly developed or existed building
Advantages of IPD process:
• Enables project team including contractors to discuss about design, project model and other works
• Allows collaboration among Engineers, Architects, Contractors and project members
• Assists in establishing effective contractual relationships
• Helps in minimizing the use of paper and performing all the works using computer-aided technology
• Aids to check and manage interference between all phases of the construction project
• Team members can share their data in a common environment
• Provide comprehensive design ideas to all team members that helps them in getting 3D visualization of the building
Integrated project delivery method assists in easing project complication to a great extent. This method helps in improving the overall performance of a construction project and getting high quality end results. We at BIM Services India follow robust Integrated Project Delivery process and deliver top-notch building information modeling as well as 3D coordination modeling services to our clients all over the world.